Dan was born and raised in Newtown. After Dan and his wife, Meri graduated from Fairfield University and were married they settled in Newtown and are proud parents of Hana, Emi and Ben. Hana is a junior at Newtown High School, Emi is in 8th grade at Newtown Middle School and Ben is in 5th grade at Reed Intermediate School. All three children attended Middle Gate School.
Fairfield University: B.A. Economics 1994
Newtown Public Schools: Hawley School – Newtown High School
- Newtown Rotary Club, Board of Directors (2012); Paul Harris Fellow Award 2013, 2016 (2012-present)
- Newtown Rotary Foundation – President (2016 – present)
- Newtown Board of Police Commissioners, Elected (2015-present)
- Newtown Youth Lacrosse Board of Directors (2015-present); Newtown Youth Lacrosse Coach (2013-2016)
- Newtown Center for Support and Wellness, Advisory Board, (2016-present)
- Newtown Resiliency and Recovery, Advisory Board, (2014-2016)
- Newtown Legislative Council, Elected (1999-2001)
- Newtown Planning and Zoning Commission Alternate (1995-1997)
Dan has spent the majority of his career working in the financial services sector. Most recently he led the marketing and client service effort for the long-short equity manager, Bronson Point Management LLC, from late 2009 until mid-2016. At Bronson Point, he played a key role in the rapid rise of the business from $82M in assets under management at inception to $1.9B in 2014. In addition to business development, Dan was responsible for all client communication and as such, he established a formal process and developed tools for consistent communication with investors.
Prior to joining Bronson Point, Dan was with Pequot Capital Management since 2000, serving as the firm’s Director of Client Service since 2008. At Pequot, Dan had an integral role in Pequot’s launch of over 30 funds, which included 12 new investment strategies in approximately 15 months. Dan spent the last half of 2009 as part of a core group of employees assisting Pequot with the closure of its business, which included the liquidation of many of its Funds and the transition of several Funds to new investment platforms.
Previously, Dan was an account executive at TR Paul Inc. where he was responsible for the sale and service of employer-sponsored and self-insured health plans and pension plans.
Prior to TR Paul, Dan was a financial consultant at MassMutual Life Insurance Company and in his first job after college, he worked for the Greater Norwalk Chamber of Commerce where he was responsible for government affairs and membership development.